Monday, April 24, 2017

Will of James Blake otherwise Blacke, Seaman belonging to the Marlborough India Ship - The National Archives PROB 11/844, probated 15 Mar 1759

There are a few records on Family Search of interest but not possible to separate out the correct family readily. The spelling of Blake is somewhat different in this Scot records.


Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 24 Apr 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/844
Name of testator: James Blake otherwise Blacke, Seaman
Place: Marlborough India Ship
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 22 Nov 1755, probated 15 Mar 1759
[In margin]: James Blake otherwise Blacke

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I James Blacke Seaman now belonging to the Marlborough
3    India Ship being in bodily health and of sound and disposing
4    mind and memory and considering the perils and dangers of the
5    Seas and other Uncertainties of this transitory Life do for
6    avoiding controversies after my decease make publish and
q    declare this my last Will and Testament in manner following
8    (that is to say) first I recommend my Soul to God that gave
9    it and my Body I commit to the Earth or Sea as it shall
10    please God to order and as for and concerning all my worldly
11    Estate I give bequeath and dispose thereof as followeth that
12    is to say all my Wages Sum and Sums of money Lands
13    Tenements Goods Chattels and Estate whatsoever as shall be
11    any Ways due owing or belonging unto me at the time
15    of my decease I do give devise and bequeath the same
16    unto my loving Father William Blacke of North Britain
17    and I do hereby nominate and appoint Mr John Blacke of
18    Grecess Street London Linnen Draper Executor of this my
19    last Will and Testament hereby revoking all former and
20    other Wills Testaments and deeds of Gift by me at any time
21    heretofore made and I do ordain and ratifie these presents
22    to stand and be for and as my only last Will and Testament
23    In Witness whereof to this my said Will I have set my
24    hand and Seal the twenty second day of November in the
25    Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and fifty five
26    and in the twenty ninth Year of the Reign of his Majesty
27    King George the second over Great Britain etc James Blake
28    Signed Sealed Published and declared in the presence of us
29    John White Geo: Wilson
30    This Will was proved at London before the
31    Worshipfull George Harris doctor of Laws and Surrogate of the
32    Right Worshipfull Edward Simpson also doctor of Laws Master
33    Keeper or Commissary of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury
34    lawfully constituted on the fifteenth day of March in the Year
35    of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and fifty nine by the
36    oath of John Blake otherwise Blacke the sole Executor named
37    in the said Will to whom Administration was granted of all and
38    singular the Goods Chattels and Credits of the deceased he having
39    been first sworn duly to administer

No comments: