Sunday, April 23, 2017

Will of Jacob Blake, Marine, 43rd Company of Marines in Portsmouth Division now belonging to his Majesties Ship Namur on board his Majesties Sloop Spy - The National Archives PROB 11/387, probated 12 Aug 1761

Jacob Blake, the testator, is a mystery. No reasonable entries for births emerged searching the various sites.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 23 Apr 2017
Source:  The National Archives, PROB 11/867
Name of testator: Jacob Blake, 43rd Company of Marines in Portsmouth Division now belonging to his Majesties Ship Namur
Place: on board his Majesties Ship Namur
Type of Record: Will
Dated: 12 Feb 1761, probated 12 Aug 1761

[In margin]: Jacob Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I Jacob Blake a Marine in the 43 Company of Marines in Portsmouth
3    Division now belonging to his Majesties Ship Namure being in Body
4    health and of Sound and disposing Mind and Memory and considering
5    the perils and dangers of the Seas and other uncertainties of this
6    transitory Life do for avoiding controversies after my decease make
q    publish and declare this my last Will and Testament in manner
8    following that is to say First I commend my Soul to God that gave
9    it and my Body I commit to the Earth or Sea as it shall please God
10    to order and as for and concerning all my Worldly Estate I give
11    bequeath and dispose thereof as followeth that is to say all my pay
12    and Wages Sum and Sums of Money Lands Tenements Goods
13    Chattels and Estate whatsoever as shall be any ways due owing or
11    belonging unto me at the time of my decease I do give devise and
15    bequeath the same unto my Friend Thomas Soaper of Portsea in
16    the County of Southampton Joyner to and for his own use and
17    Benefit and I do hereby nominate and appoint the said Thomas
18    Soaper Sole Executor of this my last Will and Testament hereby
19    revoking all former and other Wills Testaments and deeds of Gifts
20    by me at any time heretofore made and I do ordain and ratify
21    these presents to Stand and be for and as my only last Will and
22    Testament In Witness whereof to this my said Will I have set
23    my hand and Seal the twelfth day of February in the year of
24    our Lord One thousand seven hundred and sixty one and in
25    the first year of the Reign of his Majesty King George the
26    third over Great Britain etc The Mark of Jacob Blake Signed
27    Sealed published and declared in the presence of us John
28    Robinson Thos Binsteed
29    This Will was proved at London before the Right Worshipful
30    Edward Simpson doctor of Laws Master Keeper or Commissary of the
31    prerogative Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted on the twelth day
32    of August in the year of our Lord One thousand Seven hundred and
33    Sixty one by the Oath of Thomas Soaper Sole Executor named in the
34    said Will to whom Administration was granted of all and Singular
35    the Goods Chattels and Credits of the deceased he having been
36    first Sworn by Commission duly to administer

No comments: